History

The pilgrimage began in 1984 with two coaches from London, led by Fr Jeremy Davies (Westminster Diocese). The intention was, and still is, to pray for an end to abortion and to make reparation for the millions of abortions that have taken place. Soon, others began to join us, at first by car and then later by coach, from the Northern Home Counties and from Leeds.

Now, regularly more than a 1000 pilgrims travel by coach from Central London, East London, Aylesbury, Baldock, Bedford, Burnham, Cambridge, Dunstable, Harefield, Harpenden, Herne Bay, Langley, Leeds,  Luton, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Stevenage and Slough. Information about the pilgrimage is widely circulated among individuals and small groups in many other areas too. All pro-life leaders are invited to join the pilgrimage and are asked to encourage their members to take part.

We have been blessed and encouraged by the Bishops who have led the pilgrimages over the years, and have spoken with compassion, understanding and hope. Pilgrims have returned to their homes strengthened for the tasks they undertake on behalf of those who have no voice of their own.

555